ACM is currently responsible for over 160 Support Workers, providing over 150,000 hours of home and community based support to ACM clients.
Support Workers are directly employed by the client, their family or the client’s deputy, but ACM are responsible for the recruitment, training and day to day management of the individuals. We liaise closely with all parties to ensure that the support provided to our clients is of the highest possible standard.
The advantages of ACM taking lead responsibility for the Support Workers are:-
- Direct recruitment means that we can carefully match workers and clients (current vacancies).
- We have excellent retention rates; in January 2011, 42% of our Support Workers had been in post over 3 years.
- Support Workers undergo a thorough induction to the role and have access to ongoing training to ensure that they continue to meet their client’s specific needs.
- ACM’s experienced Case Managers provide Support Workers with regular supervision and proactive management to ensure good outcomes for clients.
- ACM is registered and monitored by the Care Quality Commission and in 2012 was judged to be “compliant”.
Support Worker Newsletter May 2013 (275.6 KiB)
Support Worker Newsletter Feb 2013 (224.4 KiB)
Support Worker Newsletter - Autumn 2012 (364.4 KiB)