In her role as a Case Manager, Harvinder provides bespoke case management input for adults with acquired brain injury, cerebral palsy, or spinal injury, who have complex rehabilitation and care needs.
The role involves:
• Assessment of the clients ongoing case management, care and rehabilitation needs;
• Coordinating services from the statutory and independent sector;
• Commissioning and managing rehabilitation;
• Developing bespoke support packages, which will include recruiting, training and managing support workers
• Risk assessment and the development of risk management plans
Harvinder’s case management clients include a variety of individuals with acquired brain injury. She is responsible for the management of their care and rehabilitation. She has expertise in assessing the needs of clients with complex physical, behavioural and learning disabilities, and has specific knowledge of recent changes to benefit legislation working with the DWP in the development of Personal Independence Payment assessment and reporting. She develops positive support plans which balance excellent quality support within a risk management framework, working with statutory and private providers to ensure all needs are met; creating training materials, training packs and also presenting training to a range of professionals and support staff.
Harvinder has successfully completed the ACM 2 year Professional Development Programme for Case Managers.
Harvinder takes a person centred approach and works creatively with clients to support them with their rehabilitation. Harvinder is Makaton trained and is fluent in English and Punjabi.