Case Manager, Care Expert
In her role as a Case Manager, Helen provides bespoke case management input for adults with acquired brain injury, cerebral palsy, or spinal injury, who have complex rehabilitation and care needs.
The role involves:
• Assessment of the clients’ ongoing case management, care and rehabilitation needs;
• Co-ordinating services from the statutory and independent sector;
• Commissioning and managing rehabilitation;
• Developing bespoke support packages, which will include recruiting, training and managing support workers
• Risk assessment and the development of risk management plans
Helen’s case management clients include individuals with acquired brain injury and cerebral palsy. She is responsible for the management of their care and rehabilitation; and her experience includes recruitment and management of complex care teams. She has expertise in assessing the needs of clients with complex behavioural and learning disabilities, completing proposals and setting up new support contracts with local authorities and individuals, developing positive support plans which balance excellent quality support within a risk management framework; creating training materials, training packs and also presenting training. Helen is an organised, professional person with excellent communication skills, and has successfully completed the ACM 2 year Professional Development Programme for Case Managers.
In addition to case management provision, Helen is available to provide Expert Witness reports for litigation purposes, on the care, case management, and rehabilitation needs of adults following traumatic brain injury and other complex neurological conditions.
Helen is a member of BABICM, and is NMC registered.