Jan’s role at ACM is to provide bespoke case management input for children with brain injuries, cerebral palsy, spinal injuries or other complex disabilities, who require care, support and rehabilitation. This involves:
• Assessment of the clients ongoing case management, care and rehabilitation needs;
• Coordinating services from the statutory and independent sector;
• Commissioning and managing rehabilitation;
• Developing bespoke support packages, which will include recruiting, training and managing support workers;
• Risk assessment and the development of risk management plans.
Jan has a particular interest in working with children complex needs, and their families. She understands the importance of good care and support and a holistic approach to care which is child and family centred. She has experience of supporting families with children who have life limiting conditions; setting up and managing support teams to work with the child and his/her parents. Her occupational therapy background and case management experience working with children, and adults, with complex physical disability and needs has given her a good understanding of the impact of disability on the child and the whole family. She has a particular interest in ensuring that a child’s sensory disabilities are taken into consideration when adapting the home environment and has worked with families, architects and builders to ensure these needs are incorporated into any adaptation.
All Case Managers at ACM are employed, are office based and have access to full administrative support, resources and professional supervision from senior Case Managers. Other services offered by ACM include: Community Rehabilitation, Manual Handling, Assistant Case Management and Expert Witnesses. ACM is CQC registered.