Helen’s role at ACM is to provide bespoke case management input for children, young people and adults with brain injuries, cerebral palsy, spinal injuries or other complex disabilities, who require care, support and rehabilitation. This involves:
• Assessment of the clients ongoing case management, care and rehabilitation needs;
• Coordinating services from the statutory and independent sector;
• Commissioning and managing rehabilitation and MDT teams;
• Developing bespoke support packages, which will include recruiting, training and managing support workers;
• Risk assessment and the development of risk management plans.
Helen is an Occupational Therapist, by training, and has extensive experience of working within community settings both with adults and children. As a Case Manager she has worked closely with clients, their families and multi-disciplinary teams on agreed rehabilitation goals – her particular areas of interest are working with clients with acquired brain injury, complex orthopaedic injuries and those with amputations. She has experience of recruiting for support staff and then developing and managing such support teams. Working in the community setting, she has a sound understanding of the challenges faced by clients and their families, and works hard with all involved in the team to ensure both younger and adult clients remain safe, continue to work towards their goals and are able to thrive.
Helen is HCPC registered and a member of BABICM.