Chrissie’s role at ACM is to provide bespoke case management input for adults with brain injuries, cerebral palsy, spinal injuries or other complex disabilities, who require care, support and rehabilitation. This involves:
• Assessment of the clients ongoing case management, care and rehabilitation needs;
• Coordinating services from the statutory and independent sector;
• Commissioning and managing rehabilitation;
• Developing bespoke support packages, which will include recruiting, training and managing support workers;
• Risk assessment and the development of risk management plans.
Chrissie, is a qualified nurse who brings to the Case Manager role extensive experience of working in hospitals, community settings and in client’s own homes. She has worked as a Case Manager within the NHS working to prevent hospital admissions, discharges from A and E and planning for the discharges and ongoing care plans of much longer term hospital patients returning home with very complex conditions. Chrissie has a great deal of experience of working within a multi-disciplinary environment where she has managed others, led by example and provided training. She has excellent communication and problem solving skills along with experience of negotiating arrangements and managing packages where there is CHC funding. Chrissie has extensive research experience and completed an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice -Long Term Conditions.
Chrissie’s previous employment includes Community Matron – Cambridge and Peterborough NHS Trust, Community Matron – West Essex Community NHS Trust, and Case Manager – CHC – Uttesford