Part Time Support Worker – Colchester HP812
Closing Date: 07/07/2022
The central role of the support worker will be to contribute to Keith’s safety and promote his welfare. Support workers will work with Keith in his own home, within his local community and in visiting people who are important to him. Support workers will be expected to work co-operatively with the team leader and Keith’s family and take direction from them. Keith has a full therapeutic programme, care plans and daily living needs which should be followed.
Training and supervision will be provided for all workers. Support workers will be expected to attend induction and training sessions and supervision. Workers will be paid for attendance at sessions, including travel where required, as specified by Anglia Case Management Ltd.
Specific duties will include:
- Ensuring Keith’s care routine is adhered to and assisting with all personal care tasks;
- Attending to Keith’s continence needs;
- Assisting Keith with feeding, through his gastrostomy tube; Full training will be provided.
- Working with treating Therapists, and following their recommended programmes.
- Manual Handling tasks are involved when caring for Keith. A Manual Handling Policy is provided and Manual Handling training will be given;
- Administration of medication, in line with Keith’s care plans and under direction of medical professionals. Training will be given;
- Offering Keith social and leisure opportunities, including activities in the home and in the community.
- Enhance and encourage Keith’s communication.
- Managing some behaviour using positive strategies;
- Supervision of Keith at all times, to ensure his safety and welfare;
- Liaising with any other relevant professionals, with support from Case Manager;
- Supporting Keith overnight and during respite breaks in the home and whilst on holiday on an occasional basis.
In the Home
- Some household tasks, such as maintaining a good standard of general hygiene within the workplace- this includes Keith’s bedroom, bathroom, therapy room, Carer rooms and his vehicle; This will also include ensuring therapy equipment/other are kept hygienically clean.
In the Community
- Driving Keith’s wheelchair accessible vehicle (Automatic). Support provided Full UK Driving License required.
- Explore, develop and sustain therapeutic activities for Keith in conjunction with his parents and appropriate professionals. Keith currently has a full and structured week of activities.
- Take Keith out to other activities within the community, such as swimming, football or the cinema;
- Attendance of meetings, to ensure sharing of vital information;
- Unqualified workers would be expected to attend training provided
- Accurate maintenance of records, as legislatively required
Pay & Benefits
- £13.00 per hour weekdays
- £14.00 per hour weekends