Support Workers required Billericay – HFJ811
Closing Date: 24/06/2022
Anglia Case Management provides specialist services to both adults and children living with long-term disabilities. We are rated as an outstanding care provider by the CQC. We support our clients with recruitment, supervision and management of staff who then work solely with them, usually in their own homes, with our on-going support.
We are currently looking for 2 support workers to join an established team, working with Mr S in his home near to Billericay, Essex.
The posts are for 16 hours per week, with opportunity to pick up additional shifts.
The team work a mixture of day shifts and waking nights, the shifts are 08.15 until 22.00 but can be split into mornings/afternoons/double up shifts. Waking nights start at 21.45 until 08.30.
Mr S is 58 years old and lives in his own adapted bungalow in Ramsden Bellhouse. He is severely disabled with a spinal cord injury and presents with complex physical and psychological needs.
He requires 24-hour assistance with all aspects of personal care and daily living support. Mr S relies on his electric wheelchair to mobilise indoors and in the community and uses a hoist for all transfers. He attends weekly hydrotherapy and requires daily support with physiotherapy exercises and stretches to reduce spasms and loss of movement.
Mr S is able to communicate his needs, he has a bilateral hearing impairment and relies on lip reading when communicating with others. Mr S thoroughly enjoys watching scary movies and is passionate about classic cars, his indoor aquarium and garden.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with spinal cord injuries, or other complex needs, be a good communicator who is able to demonstrating an awareness of issues of risk and vulnerability and knowledge of confidentially and professional boundaries.
Please note all candidates must hold a full UK manual driving licence and be able to drive a larger vehicle.
The full job description can be viewed at www.angliacasemanagement.co.uk/vacancies
Job Reference: HFJ811
Applications are being reviewed as they are received so please apply as soon as possible. If you follow the ‘apply now’ link you will be redirected to our on-line application form.
Should you wish to discuss this role further, please call Helen Ferber Jarvis via 01359 271900.
Pay & Benefits
Pay Rates and other Benefits
- Weekday and weekday waking night hours at £10.76 per hour
- Weekend and weekend waking night hours at £12.38 per hour
- On-Call at £17.50 per night
- 6 weeks paid annual leave pro rata. The leave year runs from January to December.
- Up to 2 weeks authorised sick pay per year at employer’s discretion (for staff with contracted hours positions).
- Auto enrolment in a workplace pension scheme as applicable.
- At least double pay if required to work Bank Holidays.
- Pay to attend supervision/team meetings.
- Pay and expenses when required to attend training courses as requested by employer.
- Annual review of pay rates.