The Manual Handling service works with both adults and children, and their families, to provide expert assessments, advice and training on all Manual Handling issues.
Our advisors have varied professional backgrounds. The team comprises an Occupational Therapist, a Nurse and a Physiotherapist, all of whom have considerable Manual Handling experience combined with experience of working with clients with complex needs living within the community.
The service can include:
- Detailed handling assessments regarding a client’s needs;
- Detailed Manual Handling policies;
- Bespoke training for family, carers and support staff;
- A quick response service should Manual Handling problems arise, and
- Advice on appropriate Manual Handling equipment.
Recent comments from those who have used the service include:
“Bespoke training benefits the team and the client” – Support Worker
“The client was fully involved in the training session for his staff – he was able to put his views across about any issues he had. The session was personal and aimed around his needs and that of the team.” – Team Leader