The Occupational Therapy service for Children and Young People can assist with:
- Assessing the current home environment;
- Viewing new properties to advise on their suitability and adaptability;
- Involvement with architects and surveyors to achieve the correct outcome for the family;
- Reading plans and scale drawings to ensure adequate space in the home for equipment;
- Advising on specialist equipment;
- Working in partnership with other professionals to take into account all aspects of the child’s routine; and
- Problem solving.