ACM is currently responsible for over 210 Support Workers, providing over 215,000 hours of home and community based support to ACM clients.
Support Workers are directly employed by the client, their family or the client’s deputy, but ACM are responsible for the recruitment, training and day to day management of the individuals. We liaise closely with all parties to ensure that the support provided to our clients is of the highest possible standard.
The advantages of ACM taking lead responsibility for the Support Workers are:-
- Direct recruitment means that we can carefully match workers and clients (current vacancies).
- We have excellent retention rates; in January 2014, 56% of our Support Workers had been in post over 3 years (compared to 42% in January 2011).
- Support Workers undergo a thorough induction to the role and have access to ongoing training to ensure that they continue to meet their client’s specific needs.
- ACM’s experienced Case Managers provide Support Workers with regular supervision and proactive management to ensure good outcomes for clients.
- ACM is registered and monitored by the Care Quality Commission and in 2013 was judged to be “compliant”.
31.__Winter__15.pdf (336.8 KiB)